Best budget phone under 200 – Samsung Galaxy A01, price, specs, review
Hello my dear friends! In this post, i will tell you about the best budget phone under 200 dollars 2021! Price and all tech specs – Samsung Galaxy A01.
- Release date: 2019;
- Sales start date: 2020;
- Price for 2021: $128.
- Package contents: smartphone and micro-USB charging, also instructions. Headphones are not included! Also, you will not find on sale a phone with more than 16 GB of internal memory, there are only 16 and 2 GB of RAM, the other is not given.
In general, Samsung traditionally produces mostly expensive, flagship, top end phones, I would say. And really expensive smartphones from Samsung are very successful!
By the way, do not confuse this phone with the Samsung Galaxy A01 Core model – this is a completely different device, it is weaker and costs less.
But with budget phones at Samsung, things were not very good until recently. It is easier to say that they simply did not have cheap and good phones.
- It is understandable, it is more profitable to create and sell something more expensive. But recently, Samsung apparently decided to come to their senses and they just made a beautiful, I think the best budget smartphone-
Smartphone is sold in 3 colors: black, blue and red. This phone is 2019, that year Xiaomi released a lot of good and successful best budget phones under 200 dollars, and other brands also did not lag behind.
- Therefore, the SAMSUNG corporation decided to keep up too. After all, people have long been waiting for their favorite brand to finally have a successful normal budget smartphone.
But one that will not be inferior to its competitors in terms of power and basic characteristics. After all, it’s no secret that earlier inexpensive phones from Sammsung have always been, to put it mildly, not very….
Well, let’s take a closer look at best budget phone under 200 Samsung Galaxy A01 2021
The Galaxy A01 costs less than $130 and comes with two rear cameras, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. It looks like a good replacement for some older variants of Samsung phones, including the Galaxy J2 and Galaxy J3 Orbit.
- The best budget smartphone 2021 Samsung Galaxy A01 has a screen of only 720p, 5.7-inch diagonal, Infinity-V display. In general, a very good phone, on the first impression.
What I personally liked about this smartphone:
- Android 10 (with the possibility of updating in the future to Android 11);
- Dual rear view cameras;
- An eight-core processor, which is rare for budget phones.
- A small, compact 5.7-inch screen, not a “shovel”, fits comfortably in your hand.
- Fast work, despite the budget, no friezes and suspensions;
- Quite a good camera the quality of the conversational speaker
What I didn’t like:
- Only 2 GB of RAM;
- 16 GB of internal memory, which is very small for modern applications;
- No NFS, in our time without this option is already difficult;
- The speaker on the back panel is blocked if the smartphone is lying on the table with the screen up;
- It doesn’t catch 4G LTE well everywhere, but it’s probably already a quibble.
- By the way, i bought this best budget phone under 200 Samsung Galaxy A01 2021, exactly a year ago, that is, in 2020. Many people are interested in one important point. How the smartphone will work after a while, a year or two years.
In many reviews, all the tests for the speed of opening applications and so on are made on a new device. But few people will show how the phone behaves in years.
Well, now full technical specifications of this smartphone
- SAR value radiation: For head: 0.35 W/kg, body weight: 1.56 W/kg;
- OS: Android 10 (planned upgrade to Android 11), One UI 2.0 shell;
- Phone manufacturing material: Plastic;
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439, 8 cores, 1.45 GHz, – 1.95 GHz (4x Cortex-A53 1.95 GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 1.45 GHz, 12 nm process);
- Screen: 5.7″, resolution – 1520×720, 295 ppi, PLS TFT, 19.5:9, chemically tempered glass on the front side (Corning Gorilla Glass 3) and plastic case on the back, maximum brightness – 430 nits, refresh rate-60 Hz
- Communication: this best budget phone under 200 have 2 SIM cards of Nano-SIM format, VoLTE, the quality of the speaker is good, you can hear clearly, well, voice mail, caller ID, call waiting; the tray is not combined, so you can install two nanoSIM cards and a memory card, which is very convenient!
- Video Core: Adreno 505;
- RAM: 2 GB, memory frequency – 933 MHz, LPDDR3 type, 1 channel;
- Built-in memory: 16 GB, storage type-eMMC 5.1;
- Supported memory card types: microSD, max. up to 512 GB;
- Internet: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi only works in the 2.4 GHz band;
- Cameras: dual rear (13+2 MP), aperture-2.2, 2.4, and 1 selfie camera (5 MP), aperture 2.2, no autofocus, 8x digital zoom, 1 LED flash, there is a “bokeh” effect”;
- Audio: MP3, RTTTL, OTA, RTX, IMY, M4A, MXMF, XMF, MIDI, MID, FLAC, AWB, AMR, WMA, WAV, OGA, OGG, AAC, 3GA, there is a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack, MP3 player;
- Video: MP4, MKV, FLV, AVI, WEBM, ASF, WMV, 3G2, 3GP, M4V, Full HD video recording, 1920×1080 (30 fps), no optical stabilization;
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity sensor (combined with the front camera), light sensor; no notification sensor, but you can set up a flash instead;
- Bluetooth and navigation: Bluetooth 4.2, GPS (Galileo, BeiDou, A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS);
- Add-ons: SBAS, QZSS, One UI shell, Dolby Atmos technology, FM radio,
- Battery and charging: 3000 mA / h Li-Ion, memory power-5 W; although Snapdragon 439 supports Quick Charge 3.0, Galaxy A01 unfortunately does not have it, Micro-USB interface, full charge time-2 hours : 10 minutes;
- Medical devices: compatible with a hearing aid;
- Apps: Access more than 1 million apps on Google Play;
- Samsung Smart Watch: Compatible with Samsung Gear Smartwatches;
- Biometrics: Face unlock, no fingerprint scanner;
- Contactless payment: NFS-no;
Conclusion: The phone is very good! Especially considering its cost of $ 128. I did not just name this device as the best budget phone 2021!
There are many different reviews on this model on the Internet, but the most important thing is often not talked about. So, I will now tell you about those “chips” about which little is said:
- The smartphone catches the connection normally, no worse and no better than the bulk of inexpensive phones. The Internet is full of false information such as falling off, lost connection, everything is bad-nonsense! Everything is like all the “callers”.
- The conversational speaker is OK! Nothing wheezes, my sobechednik hears me perfectly and I also hear him perfectly! And according to VoLTE, so generally super, very clear speech of the interlocutor, as if standing next to it. This is without embellishment, not advertising, just my observations.
- The software works perfectly! One UI 2.0 is very fast, nothing freezes and does not slow down! In many inexpensive devices, there is such a glitch: when there is an incoming call, it is impossible to pick up the phone immediately, everything hangs up for a couple of seconds. There is no such thing here! If there is an incoming call, then the swipe immediately shifts everything without delay and you can immediately pick up the phone, in Android 10 this glitch was apparently fixed. I had this on my old Samsung Galaxy J4 +.
- Over time, nothing is buggy. A year of use has passed, nothing lags and does not slow down. In the Internet, they often write: i bought a cheap Samsung, a month has passed – it starts to slow down terribly. In this device, this was not noticed.
- The screen glass is OK! I often read the type Galaxy A01 has a fragile screen, did not notice! Many times I fell – everything is fine. Just stick yourself a nomal safety glass!
- The proximity sensor is working properly! I also read that this sensor is not a separate physical one, but is built into the camera. So what? It works perfectly, you put it to your ear during a conversation and the screen immediately goes off, everything is fine!
- The camera shoots OK! So fotkayut almost any inexpensive phones! The camera is not “shabby”, not “sucks” as some write in reviews, it is unusual for an inexpensive segment. So, i shot a Samsung J4+ for example. There is nothing terrible about it, believe me.
Read also my post Best laptops for college students on a budget