Data security definition technology – information security policy in 2021 year
Well, we will discuss today in this post such an important issue as Data security definition technology. Information security of the systems is ensured through the use of various technologies.
- Scientific & technological progress has turned information into a product that can be bought, sold, and exchanged. Often, the cost of data is several times higher than the price of the entire technical system that stores and processes information.
The quality of commercial information provides the necessary economic effect for the company, so it is important to protect critical data from illegal actions. This will allow the company to successfully compete in the market.
Data security definition
Information security (IS) is the state of an information system in which it is least susceptible to interference & damage from third parties.
- Data security definition also involves managing the risks associated with the disclosure of information or the impact on the hardware and software protection modules.
he security of information that is processed in an organization is a set of actions aimed at solving the problem of protecting the information environment within the company.
At the same time, the information should not be restricted in its use and dynamic development for authorized persons.
Requirements for the information security system. The protection of information resources must be:
- Permanent. An attacker can try to bypass the data protection modules that they are interested in at any time.
- Target. The information must be protected within the framework of a specific purpose set by the organization or the owner of the data.
- Planned. All methods of protection must comply with state standards, laws and regulations that regulate the protection of confidential data.
- Active. Activities to support the work and improve the protection system should be carried out regularly.
- Complex. The use of only individual protection modules or technical means is not allowed. It is necessary to apply all types of protection in full, otherwise the developed system will be devoid of meaning and economic basis.
- Universal. The means of protection must be selected in accordance with the existing leakage channels in the company.
- Reliable. All security techniques must reliably block possible paths to the protected information from the attacker, regardless of the form of data presentation.
To protect confidential, important and other types of information, special measures are taken to prevent the leakage of protected data, unintentional, unauthorized impact on them.
There are several main types of information security technologies that are currently used by various enterprises from different industries.
Means of protecting information from unauthorized access
This category includes various software, hardware, and hardware-software tools whose main purpose is to prevent or significantly hinder unauthorized access to protected data.
The functionality of the SPI from the NSD includes:
- Accounting for data carriers;
- Managing information flows between devices;
- Implementation of the required methods, varieties, and access control rules;
- Registering the start and end of processes and programs;
- Authentication, identification of devices, users, etc.
Trusted Download Modules
These are software or hardware-software tools that run the operating system from trusted storage media. Such devices are able to control the integrity of software (system files, OS directories), technical parameters, and play the role of authentication and identification tools.
DLP systems are now understood as special software solutions that protect the company’s internal networks from data leaks.
- Systems of this type form a secure digital perimeter around the company, analyze all outgoing and (less often) incoming information.
The data that is under control can be not only web traffic, but also other information flows (for example, documents placed outside the protected security loop on external media, printed, sent to media via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or otherwise).
Security analysis of information systems
Such analysis is understood as a process during which the company’s infrastructure is checked for vulnerabilities and problems in the network perimeter, virtual infrastructure, related to configuration errors, software used, & application source code.
- In other words, in the process of security analysis, the security of various information systems (external and internal) is checked.
Data security definition – Protecting your virtual infrastructure
When ensuring the protection of the virtual infrastructure, it is necessary to use solutions and tools that will be effective for it.
Specialized companies that provide services in this area use special approaches to the protection of virtual infrastructure, which are based on an in depth analysis of cyber threats & the use of the most appropriate software products.
- They will be used to effectively neutralize threats, as well as to form a comprehensive system for protecting the virtual environment that functions in conjunction with traditional solutions.
Protection against viruses & spam
Protection against viruses and spam is provided for the most part by the use of suitable anti-virus software. Each type of such software can use different methods for detecting and treating infected files.
The main types of antivirus software include: scanners, monitors (watchmen), polyphages, blockers, auditors. Depending on the type of threat (known or unknown for a particular antivirus), the software can perform reactive or proactive protection.
A firewall is a local (single – component), or functionally distributed software or hardware-software tool (a set of tools), the main task of which is to control the information entering the information system and/or going beyond it.
With the help of inter-network shielding, the information system is protected by filtering information (in other words, analyzing it according to a combination of criteria and making a decision about its distribution based on the specified rules).
Intrusion Detection Systems
This category includes software and hardware that are designed to detect the facts of unauthorized access to the protected system or network, or illegal, unauthorized management of them.
Intrusion detection systems are used to provide an additional level of protection for the information security system. Read also my post about Data security news 2021.