Huawei Matebook D 16 AMD 2021 – review, price and release date
So far, the Huawei MateBook D 16 AMD 2021 has not hit store shelves, but you can already freely pre-order it on the manufacturer’s official website.
- So it’s time to get acquainted with this instance and decide whether the game is worth the candle, because the proposal is curious. Check it out for yourself: For $ 865, Huawei offers a device with a 16.1-inch display, an AMD Ryzen 5 4600H chip, 8 GB of RAM and a 512 GB SSD.
At the same time, Wi-Fi of the sixth generation and organic interaction with Huawei smartphones in the manufacturer’s ecosystem are available here.
Specifications of new laptop – Huawei Matebook D 16 AMD 2021
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H 3000 MHz;
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 3200MHz;
- Storage: 512 GB SSD;
- Display: 16.1 “1920×1080 Full HD LED IPS, matte;
- Video card: AMD Radeon RX Vega 6;
- Drive: absent;
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1;
- Audio: 2 speakers;
- Interfaces: 2xUSB Type-C, 2xUSB 3.2, HDMI, combined audio jack;
- Optional: 1 megapixel webcam, fingerprint scanner;
- Battery: 56 Wh lithium polymer;
- Dimensions, weight: 369x234x18.4 mm, 1.7 kg;
- OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit);
- Package Contents: Huawei MateBook D 16 (53011SJJ).
The Huawei MateBook D 16 is a prime example of how minimalism can win hearts. The body of the laptop is made of brushed aluminum in wet asphalt color and, apart from the logo, made in large angular letters, there are no decorations at all.
- The wedge-shaped shape of the device fully complies with modern standards. The hinge mechanism is miniature, it is not visible from under the cover, but this did not affect the quality of work in any way – the level is high. In addition, it is difficult to make any claims both to the build quality of the case and to the materials used.
Despite having a 16.1-inch display, the Huawei MateBook D 16 meets the standards of the average 15-inch model. It weighs 1.7 kg, measures 369x234x18.4 mm, the opening angle of the lid is 170 degrees.
Display, sound, webcam of new notebook Huawei MateBook D 16 AMD 2021
The 16.1-inch display took up 90% of the surface of the inside of the lid, leaving only 4.9 mm bezels. It is not only stylish, but also functional, as it is most convenient to work, play, watch movies / concerts / news clips.
The built-in IPS panel offers 100% sRGB coverage, ideal viewing angles and natural color reproduction, while the matte finish does an excellent job of preventing glare.
- The display resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, the maximum brightness is 300 cd / m2, and a closer look at the panel reveals individual pixels. If you don’t find fault with it, this does not bring discomfort to everyday operation.
Thin display bezels, a trend or a desire to keep your privacy by all means? One way or another, a 1 megapixel webcam was built into the function row key, between [F6] and [F7].
Two speakers were brought out to the work surface, on the sides of the keyboard. Although the sound quality is normal, that is, insufficiently balanced, without bass, it is evenly directed to the user, creating a three-dimensional effect.
Keyboard and touchpad
The island keyboard is compactly located on a solid base and, despite the minimum distance between the keys, it is ergonomic and comfortable to use.
The buttons have a short stroke and a noticeable response, they make almost no noise and are very pleasant to the touch. The up / down arrows are compressed vertically, there is a two-level LED backlight. A fingerprint scanner is integrated into the power button.
- The clickpad demonstrates excellent sensitivity and good response. Hidden mouse buttons require significant effort to press, but you can get used to it, especially since so many users ignore the touchpad as an input device, preferring a regular mouse.
The Huawei MateBook D 16 AMD 2021 (53011SJJ) has Windows 10 Home (64-bit) and an AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor with an integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 6 graphics card (6 CU, maximum frequency 1500 MHz).
The chip integrates six Renoir generation processor cores, is manufactured according to the 7nm technical process and operates at a frequency of 3-4 GHz.
- It is a powerful APU with 8MB of L3 cache, Turbo support and a maximum TDP of 45W, designed for laptops with powerful cooling systems.
The amount of DDR4-3200 MHz RAM is 8 GB (there is also a complete set with 16 GB). The 512GB SSD with 3600MB / s write speed is self-replaceable due to the fact that it is not soldered on the board. In addition, there is a second free slot, which can be filled with another solid-state drive.
Ports and communications
The thin and neat body of the Huawei MateBook D 16 contains the following ports: on the left, two USB Type-C and full-size HDMI, on the right, two USB 3.2 and a combined audio jack. The set of wireless interfaces is up-to-date and includes everything you need: Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1.
A capacious 56 Wh lithium-polymer battery provides a fairly high battery life. So, with an average screen brightness, activated Wi-Fi and backlit keyboard in mixed office mode, you can work without an outlet for seven hours.
The Huawei MateBook D 16 AMD 2021 not only looks great, but it balances out the tech perfectly. He became the owner of a high-quality display, good performance, decent autonomy.
And don’t forget the niceties like keyboard backlighting, great design, webcam in the button, and more, which hides a pretty nice $ 865 price tag. Read also my post best laptops 2021.